Sunday, October 18, 2009

Might just be the worst one yet…

Maybe I’m a little forgetful, but seriously I think that Layton has made more messes in his short little 18 month lifetime than Dallin has made in all six of his or Mandy in all 4 of hers.  Literally, it is one mess after another.

IMG_6895

And those cookies were so stinkin’ good too.  The destroyed cookies that had to be thrown away actually makes me more sad than having to clean up the mess. 

Child locks don’t work with him because he has figured out how to open them.  Putting things up high doesn’t work because he figures out a way to climb.

IMG_6898

This is butter, just in case you can’t tell.  That was a fun mess to clean up.  Not.

IMG_6904

It is not unusual for him to take two baths a day.  Sometimes even three.  And he loves it.  I have to wonder if on occasion he doesn’t make a mess just so that he can take a bath!

IMG_6901

Rotten.  So stinkin’ rotten.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh those last two photos make up for that mess in my book. ADORABLE!!!
I think my last two kids have made more messes cause they learn some good tricks from the older ones... Stinkers!
What ever you were making looks yummy! I hope you sat down and enjoyed the treat before you bothered to clean it up!

Mandi said...

Um, I think that his little bottom is just to cute!!! I love a clean little baby! Sorry about the messes but at least he is super cute while making it! Plus, you have to give him some credit for being a smarter pants and being so creative!

Stacy Pettersen said...

I'm sorry about the loss of cookies too, because you make the BEST cookies! Mmm, I wish I could have some right now.

Oh, and yes that is the cutest little white bootie!

Erin said...

I totally agree with Kelly...the younger ones learn the tricks from the older ones. I have actually watched Emma teaching Jake and Grady how to get around the child locks.
He might be stinkin' rotten, but he is also so stinkin' cute, too. Kinda balances things out...after the mess is cleaned up, of course!