Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Train Ride

While visiting my family the weekend before Christmas, we took the opportunity to take the kids on a little Christmas train ride.  I think it is pretty cool that they have such a unique little set up in my teeny tiny (and when I say teeny-tiny, I am dead serious) home town.  I just love it.  And so do my kids.

IMG_8582

Sarah and Emily came with us too.  We were so glad to have them along for the ride.

IMG_8590

Layton was pretty psyched about the ride too.

IMG_85921

Of course there were lots of lights.

IMG_8630

A fun little “Santa’s Workshop”.

IMG_8605

A tunnel of lights.

IMG_8610 

Lovely artwork.

IMG_8613

And we were very pleasantly surprised to see that along the ride you got to experience a live nativity.  We thought we wouldn’t get to see one this year, but then the trained curved around and – Surprise!

IMG_86191

It was beautiful.  A beautiful night all around.

IMG_86361

So beautiful and relaxing that Layton actually fell asleep on the ride.

IMG_8629

I love Christmas time.  I’m so glad that I have days and days and days worth of things to blog about Christmas because I am really sad to see the holiday pass.  This way, I’ll get to relive it for a few more days!

IMG_8639

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Aw that looks like some real fun right there!!! I love that picture of you Layton and Nathan!! That is one cute family!!! That train ride looks like fun! It must be pretty realxing if Layton fell asleep! :) Those lights look great! It must have took some time to put all those up! Well unless they had a machine of course!!! :) Where was that at? Maybe we can all get together next year and do it!!! That is if you would want to! You can just tell me at church!!! Love always, Britt :)

Kim Jarvis said...

That is my kind of night! That tunnel is the coolest and I love the gazebo and the live nativity.

Becky Shuler said...

What a wonderful experience. Whomever put this event together was very organized and talented. It reminded me of when I was little all the Gentrys and me would go to Marianna to the Boy's School to see the Christmas lights and enjoy the train ride.

Erin said...

What fun! Every year I tell myself I am going to track down a live Nativity, but I never do...
It looks like a fantastic train ride - you are so lucky to have grown up in such a neat tlittle town!

Mandi said...

Our family LOVES train rides! It looks like a lot of fun and all the lights are beautiful! I love your family photo, you are such a cute little family! The live nativity would be a really neat thing to see for everyone, Kids and adults. Nativity scenes are one of my favorite things about Christmas. I am looking forward to all your upcoming post post.