Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Family Home Evening Shuler Style

The Sunday before Christmas, we had a little get together with my parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, a couple aunts, one uncle, and my Mama Doris for a family home evening. 

IMG_8644

After some good food, really really good food, we had a short lesson about the wise men who went in search of the Christ child.

IMG_86491

Don’t ask me why I just posted a picture of Cliff when I started talking about wise men because he certainly doesn’t fit the bill.  Just kidding.  You know I love you Cliff!  Any who, in the lesson about the wise men we discussed how they are similar to us today.  We both are seeking Jesus Christ, we both have to struggle through a difficult journey – for them, the desert; for us, life – and like the wise men we also bring Him a gift – ourselves.

IMG_86501

After the lesson, we jumped right into our Christmas trivia game all about Christmas movies, songs, and stories.  It was soon apparent that Nathan was our resident Charlie Brown expert.  Mama Doris was our Twas the Night before Christmas expert.  Andrew was our, well he wasn’t an expert at anything, but we love him and his goofiness anyway.

 IMG_8648IMG_8647   

Then Sherri helped the kids make candy necklaces.  You know they loved that!!!!!

IMG_8652

It was a great night!  We may have to turn it into a new family tradition!

IMG_86461

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I think it sounds like a great tradtion to me. Sounds like your family knows how to have a good time. I can not wait to read more about your trip. Keep it coming!

Janie Mueller said...

That sounds like a wonderful night. I think spending time with family is the best!

Brittney said...

That looks like a great family tradition too me! Sounds too me like you know how to realy have a good time! I think that fmaily makes family soo much better!!! :) Any who it sounds like a great night overall!!! Love always, Britt :)