Monday, January 25, 2010

I’ll be your best friend…

We have now discovered the secret to immediate friendship and cuddling with Layton…just offer to read him a book. 
Take his relationship with Mandy for instance.  It has always been kind of rocky.  They don’t normally play a whole lot together.  Not like Dallin and Layton, they play together all the time.  I think a lot of it has to do with age.  Another key component is that I think they are both jealous of any attention that I pay to either one of them.  They are both very much mama’s children and so it makes sharing me kind of hard.  They fight about everything.  But, the second that Mandy offers to “read” (she can’t actually read, she just remembers the words and quotes them) Layton a book, she is his new best friend.
IMG_9543
I’m telling you it really works.  We don’t get to visit my family very often and so Layton always takes forever to warm up to them each time we go for a visit.  Not this time though.  My dad offered to read him a book and they were instant best buddies.
IMG_95251
Seeing Daddy’s success, Mama Doris gave it a try and it totally worked for her too.  He even gave her some love pats on the face.
IMG_9528
So now you know the secret.  If you ever want Layton to come sit and cuddle with you, just offer to read him a book and you’ll be friends for life.  Or well, maybe not life, but at least until the story is read :)

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Very sweet! I bet he will have more people offering to read to him to get love and cuddles. He better watch out. He is a cutie!

Laurel Shaw said...

older siblings are a big help!!
Layton is lucky to a great older sis and bro!

Becky Shuler said...

I love the pictures of you Dad and Aunt Doris reading to your children. Those are so special. We love your family!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Annabelle's secret to friendship is junk food... I wish her's was as beneficial as Layton's!

Don't you have a picture of you & your Dad like that? I thought I remembered seeing one once on the blog.

Becky Shuler said...

I have GOT to have the Black and White picture of David and Layton! Are you going to have it in your yearbook or may I get two 5 X 7's. One for me and one for Mama. You are amazing!

Mema