Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Secret Smile Weapon

With all the gorgeous smiles that I get from Layton – like these

Swing square

you would think that he was the happiest child, so easy to coax a smile from for pictures.  WRONG!  The reason I get these great smiles -

Swing square2

is because I have a secret weapon up my sleeve.  Whenever I am photographing Layton and he isn’t smiling for me, I just call Dallin over ask him to do something crazy.  I mean, really, who could resist laughing at a face like this:

IMG_0713

And so because Dallin pretended to let Mandy kick him and knock him down – which she found great delight in doing -

IMG_0717

I ended up with perfect smiles!

IMG_0635

It works every time!  I would hire him out to do this for others – but child labor laws and all that nonsense…..  Thank goodness those laws don’t apply to me – I get to use him as my own photographer’s assistant slave.

3 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

Cute. I have a few of those helpers too.
That picture of Dallin is great! You captured it perfectly (as usual).

Casey Gentle said...

So cute!! Amazing how funny someone getting hurt can be. Dallin sure can throw some crazy faces. Cassie is the queen of crazy faces in our family. :)

Erin said...

Those are some great smiles! I love that he has a teddy on either side of him along for the ride.
I have to see if I can get Emma to try some of that to get Jake smiles - those are pretty hard to photograph (as you well know!)