Thursday, June 2, 2011

Poor Mandy

We just got back from the doctors office.  Mandy has an ear infection.  We thought it might be due to all the swimming we’ve done lately, but no, the doctor said it was a middle ear infection usually caused by fluids from colds not an outer ear infection which would indicate swimmer’s ear.  Which is kind of weird because she hasn’t had any symptoms of a cold at all. Odd, right???

So for the first time ever – Mandy gets to enjoy every kid’s favorite medicine – bubble gum amoxicillin.  I actually think that it is pretty impressive that she has made it all the way to five years old without ever having taken an antibiotic!  I’m just hoping this one ear infection is not going to be the start of a string of them!!!!

IMG_39941

P.S.  I know I see her through a mother’s eyes, but seriously she is one beautiful child and she takes an amazing picture!

7 comments:

Becky Shuler said...

I guess I look at her through your eyes too. She is so photogenic. Mema

Janie Mueller said...

Awe...I hope it passes quickly so she can enjoy the beginning of her summer break. All of your children are so beautiful:)

Nana said...

I'm sorry she is not feeling well. I, too, am glad she has been spared them for so long. Not like her Dad. She is beautiful and does take wonderful pictures.

Kelly said...

ouch my eyes are watering just thinking bout it.. get better mandy. I hear ice cream helps ouchy ears...

Casey Gentle said...

awww...poor Mandy is right. that gorgeous girl will be back in action in no time.

Mandi said...

Bummer... ear aches are NO fun. You are right she is a beautiful!

P.S. Aaron got a kick out of seeing Nathan today at the girls school taking the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was her age (or at a a year or two older,), and I used to get ear infections. It is definately no fun. Get well soon, Mandy!