Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Time

Time is going by so crazy fast.  Our days just seem to run into one another and life is passing by way too quickly.  There are only 2 weeks of school left!  Only 3 1/2 weeks until we go on vacation for a week!  And only one week until I get Layton registered for the VPK program.  Makes me a little sad to think how at the end of this summer all of my kids will be in school.  Yes, Layton’s will only be 1/2 days, but still, they will all be in school.  I’m really hoping that we can savor this summer and make it last as long as possible.

Kind of like how I’m trying to keep Layton a toddler for as long as possible.  He still takes naps almost everyday.  He’s one of those who just needs them. 

IMG_5967 copy

A few days ago he got up a little early from his nap, found me, and crawled up into my lap.  Then I settled down with him on the couch and he fell back asleep sprawled across me.  Oh how I am going to miss having him fall asleep in my arms.  It just is so warm and cuddly to have a child sleep on you.

Does anyone have a magic potion to make time stand still?

3 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

I don't have any, but if you find some - LET ME KNOW!

(Love that picture of Layton)

Nana said...

No and you can't go back in time as I sometimes wish you could. Just enjoy each moment.

Unknown said...

We cannot begin to understand the real capabilities of the mind in regards to time and space. It is not reasonable to me that something as wonderful as you describe could be lost to us forever. Can our mind when used in its fullest capacity recreate the essence of a memory at some point in eternity...I think that will be so. I hope so anyway. We know it can create a smell, a touch, a vivid memory or sound among other things. What things will be possible we do not yet understand. This short life is significant in many ways. Cherish it. I do not believe it will ever be lost.