Friday, May 31, 2013

Prayer Rocks

On one of the days that their cousins were in town, we had a little family home evening.  A while ago Nana had told me kids about prayer rocks, so I got all the stuff for them and that’s what we made!

M61A5336M61A5345M61A5347M61A5352M61A5355M61A5348M61A5354

After finishing their rocks, I gave each of the kids a copy of the little prayer rock poem:

I'm your little prayer rock
and this is what I'll do...
Just put me on your pillow
until the day is through
Then turn back all the covers
and climb into your bed
WHACK! your little prayer rock
will hit you in the head
Then you will remember
as the day is through
To kneel and say your prayers
as you wanted to
And then when you are finished
just dump me on the floor
I'll stay throughout the night
to give you help once more
When you get up in the morning
CLUNK! I'll stub your toe
So you'll remember to say your
morning prayers before you go
Put me back upon your pillow
once your bed is made
And your clever little prayer rock
will continue in your aid
Because your heavenly Father
cares and loves you so
He wants you to remember
to talk to Him, you know?

It was a full little night.  That same night, Nana showed the kids a little surprise she found in her bushes:

M61A5349

Newly hatched baby birds!  The nest is no longer there.  We’re hoping the mother bird simply moved them and that nothing bad happened to them!

1 comment:

Becky Shuler said...

What a great idea! I am going to make a few to give to some newcomers to AA.