Sunday, July 27, 2008

I do it!

What joys there are in having an opinionated two year old. Mandy is so independent. She wants to do everything for herself. Most of the time I am ok with that, but sometimes when we are in a hurry it can be pretty frustrating. Anytime I try to help her so that I can move things along, she just repeats over and over, "No, I do it". And when she really wants to be emphatic about it she pushes me away and says, "I can do it BY MYSELF."







It gets especially frustrating when she is trying to put on clothes and then finds that she CAN'T do it herself. Then she has a complete meltdown. I am not sure what is worse, fighting with her to get her to let me help her or letting her have a meltdown because she can't do it herself. Don't you just love the terrible twos!

No comments: