Thursday, August 20, 2009

I would be crying too…

if I was stuck in a toilet.

IMG_5723

A couple days ago, I was in the kitchen getting the kids some breakfast (cereal, their favorite) when I heard some whining coming from the direction of the kid's room. It sounded like Layton’s whine when he climbs onto the top bunk and then can’t get down. So I went walking that way fully expecting to see Layton looking down at me from Dallin’s bed. Instead I found him standing in the toilet. Dallin had gone potty and left the lid open and Layton took that as an opportunity to climb in.

IMG_5722

So what did I do? I went and grabbed the camera. Because, well, that’s just the kind of mom I am. By the time I ran back in there he was screaming and I was laughing so hard I cried too. He went straight from the toilet to the bath, where he was much, much happier.

IMG_5730

And cleaner.

11 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

You did the right thing. Because of your quick thinking,we can all enjoy a good laugh!

Cari said...

I swear, I think you wear your camera arouond your neck. This is sooo funny!

Mandi said...

Oh that is too funny! Even screaming he is still adorable! I would have like to see him climb in there it could not have been easy. What a Cutie, toliet and all!

Kelly said...

I just hope Dallin Flushed!
Oh the Mean things us Mother's do to capture a Good Chuckle!
I was happy to see Layon smile in the Tub! Tell the Truth did you pull out your Sanitizer and give him a good rub down?

The Sorrell Family said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. You have some lucky kids to have their every moment documented.... the good, the bad, and the ugly. Keep up the good work.

Casey Gentle said...

That is TOO cute! My parents have to keep the toilet lid down otherwise they can't keep their dog out of it. I'm thinking I'll have to stick my camera in my bra to always have it with me. I've been better about having it...but I haven't been taking pictures. yep, shoot me now (with the camera in my purse pocket).

Stacy Pettersen said...

That is PRICELESS!!! Definitely worth a few more minutes of Layton torture for the photo.

Erin said...

I would have done the smae thing - part of the fun of being a parent is getting those great shots to put in the yearbook and show girlfriends when they are teenagers!
Oh, and I agree with Kelly - I really hope Dallin is better about flushing than Emma is! (but if he didn't, I'm sure we wouldn't all be laughing at this post...)

Lea Whittaker said...

Too funny. My friends little girl did this but she thought it was funny. I wish I was as quick thinking as you....Blake crawled into our fireplace once (during the summer the ashes just hadn't ever been cleaned out) and I was too focused on the mess. Great thinking on your part!

minnieokra said...

Very berry funny! Save it underwraps for his senior year...yearbook and let his girlfirend find it and put it in the annual. Your daddy had his baby picture in his senior annual...naked from the back...looked like about 18 months. TeeHee

Marla said...

That's hilarious! That picture just made my day.