Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A two day Birthday

I know you have just been DYING to know (note the sarcasm), what I did for my birthday, right? Well here you go, this is how my two days of birthday celebration went…

I started out the day of my birthday by going to the grocery store. The kids (*cough* I) wanted to have some cupcakes, but we were out of eggs. At the store, Mandy decided she wanted to get me something for my birthday. So she picked out these beautiful flowers, which I then paid for myself. She has good taste though, don’t you think?

IMG_5629 IMG_5628

Then we made our cupcakes. Mandy and Dallin insisted that before we could eat them, I HAD to put a candle on one and blow it out.

IMG_5635

Then I did a load of laundry.

IMG_5693

Then this cute baby came walking up to me.

IMG_5658

And I took a few minutes to kiss on him. (Dallin was my photographer)

IMG_5681

IMG_56851














Then I did another load of laundry.

IMG_5695

Mandy decided that she needed to wear her bathing suit “just in case”. So I enjoyed a few minutes of laughter at the panties sticking out from beneath her suit.

IMG_5655

Then, surprise, surprise – I did yet another load of laundry.

IMG_5706

That evening we were supposed to go to Dallin’s soccer game to watch him play. But because of this:

IMG_5703

It was cancelled. So instead, I watched him bounce around the room like a crazy person. This is a normal daily occurrence.

IMG_5664 IMG_5641

Then I made dinner, which included this yummy creamed spinach.

IMG_5710

Nathan surprised me with some delicious chocolates, which we opened and we all enjoyed them.

IMG_5717

Then I gave the kids their bath and sent them off to bed. Nathan and I curled up on the couch and watched two of our favorite shows, Monk and Psych.

Despite the laundry, it really was a wonderful day! But the fun didn’t end there. The next day, Nathan arranged for his mom (aka Nana) to babysit. Then he took me out for a little pampering. I convinced him to join in on it with me. We got pedicures.

IMG_57201

And manicures. (Thanks Aunt Beck for providing the funding for this pampering :))

IMG_57211

It was the first time I had ever had a manicure. It was nice, but the pedicures were much more enjoyable. Even Nathan agreed. He told me that he would be happy to go with me again to have a pedicure. Sounds like another date night coming up soon to me!!!

Then Nathan took me to a nice steakhouse where we enjoyed a yummy meal. It was a wonderful two days spent with the people I love most. I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday!

5 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

Well, I can recognize Nathan's feet anywhere! Other than the fact that they are super hairy. What a dream come true...laundry on your birthday. It really was pouring down last Friday. Last year on my birthday we had a visit from Hurricane Fay. So I can relate. Looks like Nathan was super thoughtful and you had a wonderful time! YAY for a great birthday.

Mandi said...

I noticed your nails today and I ment to tell you they were VERY PRETTY! Sounds like a great 2 days. It sounds great to me. Fun with your babies and then fun with your hubby! I am glad you had a great you day.

Erin said...

Other than the laundry (does it ever stop) It sounds like a fantastic two days. I love that Nathan went with you to have the mani/pedi!
Your photos tell stories in themselves, they are all so good - you don't need to take that class with me!

Kelly said...

I have been DYING to hear what went on... on your Special Day!
I love that you got in a little kissen on Layton... who wouldn't want to give him a little nibble? The Rain and Laundry you could have done with out! But the Flowers... soup, chocolates and the hands and feet... That all sounds like Heaven to me! You need to pass on that soup secrets on to me.. I could use it on a rainy night!
Happy to see Nathan was Man Enough to get all Pretty!

Becky Shuler said...

You are welcome!