Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Obsessed

I think Layton has become obsessed. Obsessed with books. He just can’t get enough.

IMG_6614

He constantly brings me books to read. Just for fun, one day, I counted how many books I read to him. Thirty-seven. Yep 37! No wonder my brain is a little addled. You read Moo Baa La La La 12 times in a row and see if you can think straight.

IMG_6628

He has several favorites that he makes me read over and over and over. Where the Wild Things Are. Knuffle Bunny. Picture Me Having Dinosaur Fun. Dinosaur Roar. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Is it sad that after reading one of those books several times in a single day I have begun stashing them in places where he can’t see them so that I don’t have to read them again?

IMG_6634

And you thought that he was pitiful when begging for a pancake. You haven’t seen pitiful until you say no when he brings you his favorite book to read.

IMG_6503

Can’t you just hear that sad little cry?

IMG_6605

5 comments:

Kim Jarvis said...

Kate is the SAME way - it drives me crazy too. The whole time I am sitting at my computer, typing - she is bashing a book into my hands. Her faves are the Dr. Seuss boards books. I just about have them all memorized.
Haha - this very second she just threw Chicka Chicka Boom Boom on top of my hands!

Kelly said...

He is going to be reading before you know it... and if you think about it when we are old and crazy we will be asking them (our kids) to help us... read to us, get us a drink of water, make us some cookies. Love the faces he is pulling as he looks at the books. I Love you Layton!

The Sauls Family said...

Heh heh. I still have "Moo Baa La La La" memorized. That one and "The Going to Bed Book". Sandra Boynton is awesome.

Ilene said...

TOO cute, I love it. You catch the most awesome faces from him on film. His wife is going to love his scrap books ;)

Mandi said...

what a sad little face! Although sometimes when they pout like that it makes me want to kiss them even more. Abigails book i read about 20 times a day is "pinkalicous" so I can relate the stashing in secret places for a bit... I do it all the time too!