Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Look Mom - No Wheels

No training wheels, that is. A couple months ago Nathan had to change the tube in the tire on Dallin’s bike. In so doing, he had to remove the training wheels. Somehow (I’m betting on Layton) a couple of the little parts to the training wheels got misplaced and so we just had to tell Dallin, sorry, you can’t ride your bike unless you ride it without training wheels. Well, he was scared of it. He didn’t trust me (those are his words) to hold up the bike while he peddled so that he could learn. So for the last couple months, his bike has sat in the garage unused. Until last week. After weeks and weeks of Nathan talking up how great it is to ride without training wheels and hearing that his friend Maize could ride her bike without training wheels, Dallin up and decided that he was going to ride it. And ride it he did.

IMG_8477

He did fantastic. I only had to help him a little bit getting started and then he just took off.

IMG_8502

Now he doesn’t even need help getting started. He can do it all by himself.

IMG_8505

And he is so proud. In fact, that day he took off on his bike, Dallin told me, “Mom, this is the coolest day of my whole life.”

IMG_8514

And being six years old, it probably was.

Not to be left out, Mandy rode her scooter and told me that she was the coolest too.

IMG_8539

And she is, in her totally mix matched clothes.

6 comments:

sarah shuler said...

I knew he could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McKinnley said...

Did you teach him in the grass?!!!
Mckinnley

Stacy Pettersen said...

That is seriously a MONUMENTOUS occasion! I still remember learning to ride a bike: Curtis holding onto the back, falling a few times, and then that first take-off with no one behind me... I'm excited for you, Dallin!!!

Sherri said...

Congratulations to both Dallin and Mandy! Learning to ride a bike without training wheels is scary!

Sherri

Kim Jarvis said...

Way to go, Dallin!

Brittney said...

Way too go Dallin!!!! I can remember how scary it was to ride a bike with no training wheels!!! I am so proud of you! If you just keep beleiving that you can do something, soon enough you will!!! And I love Mandi's little scooter! I used to have one just like it!!! Well almost! :) And her little outfits are just adorable! In a way they do match! :) But I am just so proud of both Dallin and Mandi!!!! Way to go!!!! Love always, Britt :)