Saturday, February 27, 2010

I HATE Boy Scout…

patches!!!!!!!!!!

I mean really, what the heck do they even need them for?  Are they afraid that they are going to forget what troop number they belong to? 

And honestly, when they finish a task, do they REALLY need to have proof of it on their shirt?  Wouldn’t a certificate of completion be just as good?

Oh well, don’t listen to me, I am just a grouchy old lady that has difficulty sewing on patches with 1/4 inch plastic backings.  Seriously, who thought of that?  Obviously not the people that actually have to do the sewing to the shirt.

IMG_0303
And who the heck thought that it would be a terrific idea to have a patch on the little pocket on their shirt sleeve? Why, I ask you, why?  It was almost impossible to get my hand inside the little pocket and sew the patch on.

Don’t think that I didn’t try to take an easy way out and just use iron-on bonding to put them on there.  But no, not for these patches.  Remember that brilliant person who decided to put PLASTIC on the back of them?  They can’t be ironed on because the plastic will melt.  Really???  I think they need a new designer at the Boy Scotts of America headquarters.

Why did I even have to do this anyway?  Dallin hasn’t started Boy Scouts yet.  Well, Nathan decided to go to a Boy Scout leadership training course out in the woods and so we had to buy him a uniform (WAY overpriced) and I (not him) had to sew on all the necessary (yeah, whatever) patches.  He owes me big time.  I do feel like I got a little bit of revenge through the weather though.  He FROZE his butt off for the last two nights camping out in a tent.  BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

6 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

LOL- for real! My mom always hot glued our stuff. Why don't they add backing that is iron on material? Maybe they will evolve by the time Marky needs any of that stuff!

that1gamer2know said...

So I'll bring Christian and Jason's uniforms over so you can sew on these wonderful little patches since you are such a pro!!

Becky Shuler said...

I feel your pain! Matthew did just start Scouts this year and I'm waiting until my Mom comes to visit to let her sew the patches on!

Laurel Shaw said...

I just glue them! I am such a slacker! oh well.

Stacy Pettersen said...

WHAT?! We have to sew on patches for Boy Scouts? I don't know how to sew anything!

Janie Mueller said...

I laughed through this whole post...I feel your pain!