Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Percy Jackson and The Olympians

IMG_0068
After the good times had at Ollie Koala last Saturday, Mom (aka Nana), was nice enough to watch the kids for us so that we could go see Percy Jackson and the Olympians : The Lightening Thief.  Long title, right?  Anyway, Nathan and I read this series of books and have been looking forward to the movie.  Unfortunately it was one of those books to movie instances that just disappointed a little.  I think had we not read the book in advance, it would have been a very likable, enjoyable movie.  Sometimes though when you read a book and then expect that the movie will contain certain details and events that you really liked and then they weren’t there, the book just ruins the movie for you.  The movie had some good high points and action scenes in it, so I would still recommend it – but I much more highly recommend the books.  They were a great read.

You know, I really love my husband.  I love that we enjoy the same types of things.  When I read a good book and pass on the recommendation to him, he will read it too.  I even got him to read all of the Twilight books and Shannon Hale’s Books of Bayern series.  We also love the same types of movies and TV shows.  It gives us tons of things to talk about and do together.  We absolutely were made for each other!

2 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

We're seeing it this weekend since Jon was out-of-town last weekend. I will try to separate them in my mind so I won't keep comparing the book! Though, just from the previews I was wondering why Annabeth has dark brown hair???

Casey Gentle said...

The movie wasn't all a bust, that's a great picture of you two! Glad you get out and have fun together. You both also like food. :)